Saturday, November 14, 2015

Introduction

I've been developing software for over three decades. Half of that professionally. The rest as a student or as a hobby. Over the years, I've noticed many things that have been quite valuable for my career, but generally not things taught as part of a standard curriculum. The purpose of this blog is to collect various bits of wisdom that will hopefully be of value to others in the same field, whether professionally or as a hobby.

Most of my professional programming has been in C, which a touch of assembly, but I often need to write tools using Bash with heavy lifting from awk and sed to automate things.  I'm fairly religious about using Unix (mostly Linux), because it lets me control exactly what I'm doing with my computer.

So I expect this blog will be mostly a mix of C programming, Bash scripting, and Linux tweaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment